First Steps: Learn How to Use StrawPoll
Welcome to StrawPoll! We are pleased that you are here and even more pleased that you are here to learn about the first steps of using StrawPoll. We would like to familiarize you with our poll types and give you step-by-step instructions on how to create your "first" poll.
If you don't know the difference between our straw polls and meetings, don't worry! Some of their features may overlap, but in detail they are quite different. We are happy to give you a little cold start on our platform.
When To Use a Straw Poll
We recommend using our "Create Poll" function if you have the following requirements:
- Answer options as text
- Large amount of anonymous voters
- Various anti-manipulation methods are needed
- Unlimited votes
When To Use a Meeting Poll
We recommend using our "Schedule Meeting" function if you have the following requirements:
- Answer options in date format
- Small to medium amount of known voters
- Voters you can trust not to manipulate
- Limited votes per option (e.g. limited course size)